- My phone / media player has less storage space than my music collection is large. I charge my phone / media player via USB attached to my computer. I want it to transfer media to my phone / media player in a non interactive way.
- Media transfers take too long for me to trigger media transfers so best to have them happen when ever I connect my media player / phone.
- My phone / media player uses some silly format called FAT and my Russian / Polish / Indian / Chinese / African music names don’t work well on FAT.
- I have more than 1 computer and music collections on different computers and I want to sync them via my phone / media player.
- I want to not worry about media transfers if I unplug the USB connection.
- My phone MTP interface. My phone and media player presents its self as a USB storage device. I want both access systems to be supported.
- Interrupted transfers should recover when they are interrupted.
- I want to transfer albums and not just random tracks.
- I want to know the providence of my music, which computer uploaded it, what was its original file name and path.
- I want to specify how much music is uploaded from which music collection as a percentage of available space.
- I want older files added by pmpman to be deleted to make space for new files. I dont want files not added by pmpman to ever be deleted.
I have already written a first version of this application but want to start from scratch again as the database design did not cope with interrupted transfers well and databases stored on the media player went very slowly for updates effectively doubling the transfer time.
Looking for mad skills in:
python sql sqlite udev sqlalchemy
This project is part of:
Hack Week 11
Following a FOSDEM presentation on [Angr](http:...
As there is no progress around [MIrrorPinky](ht...
Let's make reposync faster
At SUSE we've implemented a module on Salt call...