Working remotely has many advantages, but you sometimes lack some infrastructure. Specially if you use several computers or you share space with other SUSE co-workers. We are 3 Susers in Gran Canaria and we plan to share an office. So we have bought a Cubietruck, a tiny device with minimum power consumption, an ARM processor, a SATA interface and a Gigabit ethernet.
The plan is to come-up with a set of recipes to configure such device to:
- Share the VPN connection.
- Nightly mirror images from dist.suse.de and, potentially, from the upcoming images repository.
- Provide a way to install those images via network.
- Provide some mechanism for sharing files in the local network.
- Host a nice landing page about the Gran Canaria office. :-)
- More ideas are welcome...
Hopefully everything powered by openSUSE (it would be great if somebody can help us with the initial installation, which I don't expect to be trivial in such device).
We will use the Raspberry scripts by Silvio as inspiration https://github.com/moio/raspberry-openvpn-gateway https://wiki.microfocus.net/index.php/OpenVPNonRaspberry_Pi
Looking for mad skills in:
Nothing? Add some keywords!
This project is part of:
Hack Week 13
This project is one of its kind!