During the past CSM we came up with a proof of concept and Hack Week 14 looks like the perfect scenario to develop it further.
We plan to:
- Add support for retrieving/re-using authentication keys (done)
- Support master-less operation (done)
- Improve user's feedback (done)
- Discuss about possible integration with SUMA (done)
- Add Ansible/Chef support (currently only Salt and Puppet are supported)
- We have a working proof of concept with support for Salt and Puppet. ** Support master-less and client/master operation ** Realtime user's feedback ** Retrieve authentication keys (support the same schemes used by AutoYaST when retrieving the profile).
- More information is available in this blog post
- Improve error handling
- More tests. It would be nice to have some integration tests in place.
- Ask for feedback.
Looking for mad skills in:
salt autoyast puppet chef yast
Activity Show All
about 1 year ago by IGonzalezSosa | Reply
During these two days, some things have been implemented:
- Support for retrieving authentication keys. They can be fetched from a HTTP or a FTP server and even from a local device (like a USB stick).
- Masterless mode should be working now (more tests are needed).