During regular L3 work I often don't find enough time to work on the command line disk partitioner parted which I maintain.
Changes often directly affect yast-storage(-ng) and libstorage(-ng). @aschnell opens bugs faster than I can solve them. Upstream is often slow and often wants patches differently.
We are at SLE15 Beta 3 submission already. So such bugs are starting to get urgent.
This project is about using Hackweek to be able to work on parted without interruptions by L3s.
- bsc#1058667 (cannot resize used/busy partitions) in SLE15 Beta 4
- bsc#1064446 (NVDIMM/pmem devices not supported) in SLE15 Beta 4
- bsc#1065197 (s390x BLKRRPART ioctl on FBA DASD issue) active devel
- bsc#1066467 (
parted -m $dev pdoesn't escape ':' separator) in SLE15 Beta 4
- bsc#1067435 (s390x BLKRRPART ioctl on ECKD DASD issue) YaST bug, DASD limitations
Buglist SLE11-SP4 (lower priority but much older):
- bsc#887474 (cannot create msdos disk label if gpt disk label exists) only confirmed
Rather relevant to openSUSE:
Looking for mad skills in:
partitioning storage sles c
This project is part of:
Hack Week 16