While osc is growing and getting more and more complex and hard to maintain, there is an object oriented rewrite of osc which key points are:
- separate library and cli code
- better user interface
- easier implementation of new commands
- tests, tests, tests (test driven development)
- pep8 conform
The rewrite was started by Marcus Hüwe and since 2015 it's very silent around this tool.
At the end of the hackweek I want to have:
- evaluated the as-is state
- evaluated what is missing
- of course new features
- devel project in openSUSE:Tools
The source code is on github and can be found here
Description from the github project:
osc2 is an object-oriented rewrite of the Open Build Service command line tool osc.
Its aim is to improve the code structure and to provide a consistent commandline interface.
A few more information on this project can be found on the blog of Marcus Hüwe
Looking for mad skills in:
This project is part of:
Hack Week 15