OpenFaaS - Functions as a Service
Get familiar with one of the hottest topics for this year: https://www.openfaas.com/
OpenFaaS (Functions as a Service) is a framework for building serverless functions with Docker which has first class support for metrics. Any process can be packaged as a function enabling you to consume a range of web events without repetitive boiler-plate coding.
- Setup SUSE CaaSP 2.0 (k8s 1.7> is required)
- Install faas-cli
- Install the k8s Package Manager - Helm
- Install faas-netes
- Create an openFaaS SUSE Docker image in DockerHub
- Convert some binaries into functions
- Write some functions
- Try to scale those functions
- See how function chaining works
- Try to package this project in OBS for Tumbleweed
- Convert if possible some of the internal QA Maintenance tools into Functions running in K8s
- Write blog post about it
- Contribute to upstream
Blog Post: http://panosgeorgiadis.com/blog/2017/11/08/how-to-start-with-openfaas/
Looking for mad skills in:
openfaas kubernetes serveless docker caasp golang python cloud
This project is part of:
Hack Week 16
It is well-known that two git commits within a ...
Right now, we have diff...
With many Proof of Concepts (PoCs) going on for...
The goal of this project is to get an overview ...
Use this hackweek to practice and learn more ab...