Some months ago I was diagnosed with quite some allergies and I've been using a home-made google drive spreadsheet to track everything I eat for the last 6 months in the hope to have some raw data that can be processed and I can obtain information on which exact food (or foods) produce bad symptoms.
Using a spreadsheet in the cloud is nice, but it's not perfect, so in this project I intend to write an application for android/linux (using Qt) that I can use for that.
The features I'd like to implement:
- A tab where users can introduce foods they eat, optionally with the allergens/ingredients that food has (food can be a general food, like "Lettuce" or a specific market brand, like "Heinz Ketchup"). Also, it should allow to introduce allergens you think you might have had (when you eat at a restaurant, I'm afraid you can't always trust the waiter/waitress).
- Another tab where users can add some food from the previous tab to a "Food Diary", which automatically introduces the time of day at which the user ate it and information like that.
- A tool to help write down what you ate at a later time, so you can take a photo of your meal so you don't forget everything that was inside that salad you ate 2 days ago.
- Another tab where users can introduce symptoms they're having (or had at some time).
- Another tab to see a summary of allergens and symptoms had per week (useful to show to doctors).
- Some analyzer that recognizes patterns of foods (or combination/mix) which provoke symptoms, as sometimes, it's not a specific food that provokes a reaction (like peanuts usually do) but an accumulation of some ingredient in your body which provokes a reaction.
- Some utility to schedule meals for the whole week more or less automatically to help you go shopping at the supermarket.
I have tons of experience with Qt and KDE on the desktop but never on Android, so this might be a good way to learn how to create mobile applications while at the same time, do something that might be useful for other people with allergies.
Looking for mad skills in:
Nothing? Add some keywords!
This project is part of:
Hack Week 14
This project is one of its kind!