Yast team has a great experience in automating tasks that can be done by machines in order to save time that can be used better. We usually use Jenkins for running these jobs.
Why to use automation?
- It's error-prone
- It runs 24 hours a day, even on weekends
- It's much faster than humans
- It can do all the boring stuff and never complains
Examples of automation
- Open pull-requests reminder https://github.com/jreidinger/pullrequestsreminder @Jenkins
- Auto-testing and auto submission to OBS/IBS for all now code via Packaging Tasks, e.g., @Jenkins
Ideas what can be automated further
- Bugzilla is now able to set several NEEDINFO flags, one can be lost is so many e-mails and this simple tool would daily check for NEEDINFO pending (per user, per team, ...)
- Even better are e-mails from FATE - this tool should, again, check for NEEDINFO flags and report them to you
- Automatic generator of translations and auto-submitter to openSUSE
- Any more ideas are welcome!
Looking for mad skills in:
automation ruby bash github bugzilla fate
This project is part of:
Hack Week 11
This project is one of its kind!