GeekoScreen - an open-source based whiteboard
Multi-touch screens and their vendor-locked software environments are a pain. They base on Microsoft Windows and some closed source software which is not very user-friendly in many cases. Furthermore commercial multi-touch solutions are very expensive in most cases.
In 2014 a software-project called OpenBoard started. They are focusing on the development of an open-source whiteboard software. Links:
There are already packages from the openSUSE Education Project available for Tumbleweed and Leap software.o.o link
So i would like to try to build an open-source whiteboard with that software by combining the following parts together:
- linux-compatible 22-inch multi-touch screen ~240 Euro netto
- beamer 1920x1080 ~640 Euro netto
- barebone PC running openSUSE ~470 Euro netto
- instead of wall mount rollable setup with beamer, smaller screen and rollable multimedia desk
- touchscreen pen ~13 Euro netto
- wireless keyboard+mouse ~21 Euro netto
~1550 Euro netto
Looking for mad skills in:
Nothing? Add some keywords!
This project is part of:
Hack Week 15
This project is one of its kind!