OpenStack keystone supports several types of identity federation, but it needs work. Some of the things that it needs:
- Fix the federation protocol API:
- Get the federation devstack plugin to work on opensuse
- Enhance the keystone docs for configuring federation
- Content (especially diagrams) can be pulled from http://www.gazlene.net/demystifying-keystone-federation.html
- Package mod_auth_mellon in Factory
- Fix application credentials and trusts to work properly with group role assignments
- Other federation-related bugs, see https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone and search for 'federation'
This project is one of its kind!