Let's use the Hackweek to improve Ruby, the programming language I use every day. It is while using a language when you can realised that things that need/can to be improved, so there are many things that only Ruby developers can raise up. Also, getting involved in the development of Ruby will help to get a better understanding of how it works. So I will take my ideas/concerns to the Ruby community and implement some of the them in the code of the Ruby core.
Ruby features and bugs are tracked in https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby-trunk/issues
The Ruby core code is in Github: https://github.com/ruby/ruby
Examples of things that can be done:
- Add new methods, both for readability and simplicity encouraging productivity.
- Add new method with efficiency purposes.
- Add new alias for readability in favor of an elegant syntax.
- Modify current methods for consistence.
- Improve code efficiency.
- Improve documentation.
- Participate in the discussions of the Ruby Community.
Looking for mad skills in:
Nothing? Add some keywords!
This project is part of:
Hack Week 16 Hack Week 17
This project is one of its kind!