Alexa understands you. Jessy is the same, but you also understand her! :-)
Everyone loves to talk to the computer. Especially if it understands you. :-) So the Amazon Alexa is a hype right now. However, it requires your marriage to Amazon and signing contract to sell your soul in the afterlife: Alexa is nothing but a fancy microphone that sends everything you speak to ̶F̶B̶I̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶C̶I̶A̶ Amazon cloud so it will access your public API. Yes, and give them your access rights, of course...
That is somehow disturbing for privacy and therefore there should exist something better than this. That something at least should be:
- Open source with a true free license (BSD or MIT)
- Processing things (at least accessing the APIs) within your private network and is controlled merely by you alone
- Everyone who understands some electronics and can do CAD engineering can build it (and improve)
In this hackweek, having only 95% completed hardware PCBs and not finished software do the following:
- Sort out plugin modules
- Rework talking context (i.e. user continue speak to Jessy within the context of the module, but can do something else)
- Train neural network for a wake-up keyword and integrate with the conversation mainloop
- Develop few modules, e.g. asking SUSE Manager for the current status
- Design in CAD and manufacture casing for the hardware (yay!!)
- Place all the "guts" inside that case and wire it all up with a hope it will not go flames
- At least mount LED lamps (PCB controller to them is still certainly outside of the scope here)
Looking for mad skills in:
speech alexa automation
This project is part of:
Hack Week 15
Mozilla's DeepSpeech project is using Tensor...
Salt – *The most intelligent, powerful and ...
Try to use [Jenkins 2.0](https://jenkins-ci.org...
Yast team has a great experience in automating ...
OpenStack is, und...