In the YaST installer, make disk encryption method, mode, key strength, random source etc configurable.
The rationale is that user requirements may differ, and we would like to offer some advanced options instead of changing defaults.
To that end, fix bug 924800 and implement relevant parts of the following:
- FATE: "Installer: ability to choose encryption type / strength"
- FATE: "Encryption - Installer needs more information and options"
- FATE: "Make hard disk encryption configurable"
- FATE "Choose algo and key encryption"
This could be implemented by adding some simple UI elements in the right places, and passing these options to cryptsetup.
Will need to look at some YaST code and ruby for this.
SMART goal check:
- Specific: Make main options for cryptsetup luksFormat available in YaST installer UI
- Measurable: yes
- Assignable: feel free to join
- Realistic: I think within a week we can understand the current code and produce working code to do what we need.
- Time-related: within hackweek.
Looking for mad skills in:
Nothing? Add some keywords!
Activity Show All