Since we are moving to Rocket.Chat as our default chat solution it would be nice to have a more resource friendly application than the heavy Electron based one. There is a Qt based client called Ruqola for Rocket.Chat, while having basic functionality its still far from useable.
This project aims to get Ruqola in a shape where it's good enough for basic daily usage, once that state is reached we can extend to more advanced topics (like video chat).
Testing Ruqola with Hack Week work integrated
Install Ruqola from OBS on Tumbleweed:
sudo zypper ar https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/tjyrinki_suse:/ruqola/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/ ruqola sudo zypper in ruqola
The patches discussed on this page have been integrated in the packages.
The code can be found here:
- https://github.com/KDE/ruqola (mirror)
Build dependencies on Tumbleweed:
sudo zypper in libqt5-qtwebsockets-devel libqt5-qtnetworkauth-devel kirigami2-devel kwidgetsaddons-devel ki18n-devel kcrash-devel kcoreaddons-devel extra-cmake-modules libqt5-qtdeclarative-devel kdoctools-dev syntax-highlighting-devel libQt5DBus-devel knotifications-devel qtkeychain-qt5-devel kitemviews-devel libqt5-qtquickcontrols
Build environment on Tumbleweed:
mkdir build cd build cmake .. make && ./bin/ruqola
Unit tests with error logging:
make && CTEST_OUTPUT_ON_FAILURE=1 make test
- Research of code and build requirements
- Packaging for SUSE
- Successful reverse engineering of 2FA/ totp login
- Support TOTP login with 2FA-enabled accounts bug 409212 review D22111
- Prefer logging in via the saved auth token bug 409213 review D22112
- Improval of 2FA UI and test coverage
- Unable to configure accounts
- Notifications don't disappear
- Unable scroll down members list
- Another round of updating the patches
- Handling for invalid 2FA codes
- Cache folder with account name ends up in home
- Updated OBS packages to latest upstream changes and new patch versions from Phabricator
- Submit the package to Factory after all patches have been merged to upstream and upstream made a release.
Looking for mad skills in:
qml qt rocket.chat
This project is part of:
Hack Week 18