Build a paper folding machine capable of folding Skill Shot.
- Print run is 2500 copies
- Tabloid-size paper 11" x 17", currently folded by hand by a large group
- Commercial folding machines that can handle tabloid-size paper are expensive (>$1000) and most can’t do perpendicular folds
- Would be ok if it only did some folds, or if the paper was creased such that it was very fast to fold by hand
- Maybe use printer parts?
- Start with what is expected to be the hardest part - the basic mechanism - then motorize/automate later
- Could also be something like a bending brake
- Good video of the basic mechanism of a commercial folder
Looking for mad skills in:
mechanisms realengineering art metalwork
This project is part of:
Hack Week 15
This project is one of its kind!