OpenFaaS - Functions as a Service
Get familiar with one of the hottest topics for this year: https://www.openfaas.com/
OpenFaaS (Functions as a Service) is a framework for building serverless functions with Docker which has first class support for metrics. Any process can be packaged as a function enabling you to consume a range of web events without repetitive boiler-plate coding.
- Setup SUSE CaaSP 2.0 (k8s 1.7> is required)
- Install faas-cli
- Install the k8s Package Manager - Helm
- Install faas-netes
- Create an openFaaS SUSE Docker image in DockerHub
- Convert some binaries into functions
- Write some functions
- Try to scale those functions
- See how function chaining works
- Try to package this project in OBS for Tumbleweed
- Convert if possible some of the internal QA Maintenance tools into Functions running in K8s
- Write blog post about it
- Contribute to upstream
Blog Post: http://panosgeorgiadis.com/blog/2017/11/08/how-to-start-with-openfaas/
Looking for mad skills in:
openfaas kubernetes serveless docker caasp golang python cloud
This project is part of:
Hack Week 16
Telegram is a proprietary messenger that gained...
Saltstack is the only configuration management ...
In the past I've worked on a set of [scripts](h...
My current mail setup is [mu4e](https://www.djc...